Sony Interactive Entertainment
PLAYSTATION?NETWORK MONTHLY ACTIVE USERS
REACHES 103 MILLIONPlayStation 4’s Sales Milestone Also Surpasses 106 Million Units Worldwide
SAN MATEO, Calif., January 6, 2020 - Following another year of successful holiday sales, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced that PlayStation?Network’s (PSN) December 2019 monthly active users have reached 103 million*1, demonstrating that gamers worldwide are enjoying PlayStation?’s offerings. Additionally, the PlayStation?4 (PS4?) console has sold through more than 106 million*2 globally, and the cumulative sales of PS4 software titles from retailers and PlayStation?Store (PS?Store) have reached 1.15 billion*3 as of December 31, 2019.
“I am very pleased to see that so many PlayStation fans value the unparalleled entertainment experience on PS4,” said Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SIE. “This has been made possible by the support we have from our partners and fans since launching PlayStation in 1994, and I would like to truly thank everyone. We’ve consistently delivered innovative products like PlayStation VR, which has reached its 5 million unit sales milestone*4. There is much more entertainment experience to look forward to that the PlayStation ecosystem will provide that we can’t wait to share with our fans.”
SIE WWS will continue to deliver highly anticipated titles such as The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima*5, further pushing the boundaries of play made possible by the PS4 system as it enters its 7th year. SIE will also focus on the distribution for amazing games from our partners, including unique experiences from indie game developers.
About Sony Interactive Entertainment
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation? brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation?4, PlayStation?VR, PlayStation?Vita, PlayStation?3, PlayStation?Store, PlayStation?Plus, PlayStation?Video, PlayStation?Music, PlayStation?Now, and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions in California, London and Tokyo.
- ※1Active User figures are estimated figures based on SIE research.
- ※2The sales figures are estimated figures based on SIE research. Japan figures are from 22 Feb 2014 to 31 Dec 2019, North America figures are from 15 Nov 2013 to 31 Dec 2019, Latin America figures are from 29 Nov 2013 to 31 Dec 2019, Europe figures are from 29 Nov 2013 to 31 Dec 2019 and Asia figures are from 17 Dec 2013 to 31 Dec 2019.
- ※3The sales figures are estimated figures based on SIE research. Japan figures are from 22 Feb 2014 to 31 Dec 2019, North America figures are from 15 Nov 2013 to 31 Dec 2019, Latin America figures are from 29 Nov 2013 to 31 Dec 2019, Europe figures are from 29 Nov 2013 to 31 2019 and Asia figures are from 17 Dec 2013 to 31 Dec 2019. Add-on contents are not included.
- ※4The sales figures are estimated figures based on SIE research from 13 Oct 2016 to 31 Dec 2019.
- ※5 Titles may vary depending on the region.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. “PS4” is a trademark of the same company. Blu-ray Disc is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.